Friday, March 16, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Brave

Brave? 

Sometimes brave is just putting one foot in front of the other--hoping and praying that things will be better with persistence. 

Sometimes brave is stepping out onto an unknown path.  What if it's rocky?  What if it's muddy and slows me down?  What if it's dim and hard to find?  What if?

But to be truly brave, I have to turn my face into the wind, into that which terrifies me, into that which pushes me back.  Like an airplane which takes advantage of the velocity of the oncoming wind to create lift, I must see the challenge as a means by which I can fly.

And so I turn my face into the wind.


1 comment:

  1. Indeed, you are brave. I just love I must see the challenge as a means by which I can fly. Continue to soar with the wind beneath your wings. Blessings to you new friend.

    ReplyDelete