Friday, March 9, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Empty


I'm tired of feeling bad about feeling empty. I'm developing a new attitude about it. Instead of seeing “empty” as the end of something, I resolve to see it as the beginning of something: a state of portent, of hope. And so I must set about filling the emptiness.

Shall I fill it with cheap trinkets, kitschy, flashy, and, in the end, shallow? I hope not, although that is certainly the easier path.

I would like to fill it slowly, with carefully selected, worthy treasures: things that feed my happiness, my intellect, my soul. Yes. Ah, yes. So how?

It is the quest of a lifetime.

Here I go.



2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of seeing emptiness as the beginning of something. What a beautiful idea.

    Visiting from The Gypsy Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Monica, I love the idea of seeing emptiness as a new beginning to something. It is filled with hope, faith and love to see a beginning in the void.

    ReplyDelete