Friday, May 11, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Identity

Around here we write for five minutes on Friday--unedited, unplanned.  Here's today's effort:



Who am I?

I am a mother, a sister, a wife, a disciple, a writer, a teacher, a singer--

But each of those is an action, something I do to "earn" membership in that category.

Who am I?

I am lazy; I am an overachiever on the things I enjoy.

I am easily dissuaded when obstacles crop up, but I can be determined when I think something's important.

I am solitary in a crowded world.

And I really like it.

Inside my head, it's quiet and peaceful, most of the time, while the world bangs and clangs along without really getting anywhere.

I am tired.

I am worn.

I am hopeful.

I am planning for tomorrow, next week, and next year.

I am.

Me.


See more Five Minute Friday musings at TheGypsyMama:





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I can relate to so much of what you wrote. Found you at Five Minute Friday :)

    ReplyDelete