Friday, May 25, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Opportunity

Around here we quick-write for five minutes on Fridays--unedited, uninhibited, unpolished:

Opportunity?

Gulp.

It's been such a busy week that I had not really had time to think about the opportunity that has dropped in my lap.

I wanted it.  I asked for it.  Now I am terrified because of it.

I am terrified that I will not live up to my expectations for the task.  I am terrified that I will not live up to anyone else's expectations for the task.

I am worried sick about it--worried enough to pray about it.

Oh, yes.  That is where I should have started.

Pray.

Lead me, Lord, in Your Name.

Direct me, Lord, that whatever I do be to Your Glory.

Humble me, Lord--well, I am quaking in my proverbial boots; job accomplished.

Teach me, Lord, what You would have me learn from this opportunity and to do this opportunity.

Thank you, Lord, for this opportunity.  May I glorify You so that those affected by my actions may be drawn closer to you.

Grant me peace, Lord.

Grant me joy, Lord.

Grant me wisdom, Lord, that everything I do be

In Your Name and for Your Glory.

Thank you, Lord.






4 comments:

  1. I feel for you. I have the opportunity to do something tomorrow, something I really want to do, and I don't know if I should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it works out for you. I also have the opportunity to do something tomorrow, something I want to try out very much but don't know if I should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it works out for you. I also have the opportunity to do something tomorrow, something I want to try out very much but don't know if I should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so enjoying Five Minute Friday! I love to hear other women say out loud what I've thought or felt. Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete